Tuesday, September 30, 2008

People I like

While I'm rambling on stuff that's not really related to Japan in any way, I just wanted to throw some names out at you. These are all people that have influenced me in one way or another, and who deserve more attention for being the hilariously broken people that they are. (You may have to scroll down, since the blog is messing up the table.)






























































































































Ashleigh Brilliant Master of one-line thought-provokers
Tom Lehrer Musical and political satirist and mathematician
Alice Cooper Bizarre at its best
Raymond
Smullyan
Logic puzzle maker and magician
Richard
Feynman
Physicist and samba player
George Carlin Of course
Marty Feldman He of the funny eyes
Mel Brooks You have to watch "The
Twelve Chairs
"
Allan Sherman "Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda"
Peter Sellers You need to hear the old "Goon
Show
" tapes
Godfrey
Cambridge
Gotta love that voice
Frank Gorshin One of the best mimic comics ever
Leonard Barr Funniest man on the planet. Ever.
Peter Cook Beyond the
Fringe
William
Goldman
Princess Bride and Marathon Man. 'nuff said
Stan Freberg Voice actor and ad writer
Chuck Jones Wilie E. Coyote, Super Genius
Tex Avery Understood progression
Bob Clampett It's Time for
Beany!
Daws Butler Beats Mel Blanc
as a voice actor hands down
Paul Frees How can you not like Boris Badenov and Inspector Fenwick?
Smothers
Brothers
Mother always liked you best
Laugh-In Why can't we have this show now?
Ernie Kovacs Showed why TV can be funny
Groucho Marx Why that elephant was in my pajamas, I'll never know
Ian
Anderson
Aqualung, Locomotive Breath, Wind Up
Lily Tomlin One ringy-dingy, Two ringy-dingy...
The Monkees Randy Scouse Git,
Head


Eric Von Zipper
You are my idol, but I am my own ideal
Randee
of the Redwoods
I hurt myself, watching this guy on stage
Big Daddy Roth http://www.mrgasser.com/images/posterfink.jpg

These names are in no particular order, and it's by no means a complete list. I'll make a new list someday with more people on it.

No comments: