Monday, December 15, 2008

And-H (&H)

So much for "pruning".

I have taken to swinging by the UDX building in Akihabara whenever I get to the office early, and during my lunch breaks on the weekends, just to see if there's anything interesting going on. So far, I've had one "interesting" per week, on average. This time, it was a performance of &H.



I knew that &H was going to be giving a live show in the plaza in front of Tully's (according to the events calendar), but I'd never heard of them before. Then again, given that Metoropori-chan V had been on the same calendar, I wasn't expecting much. Turns out that &H is a duo consisting of Hirokazu Kumagai on vocals, and sound producer Katou Harunobu on guitar. Hirokazu forgot his lyrics about 1 minute into the song, and ended up singing while holding the lyric sheet in front of his face. There were only about 20 people in the audience - 10 in the chairs in front of the stage, and 10 standing and watching, so I doubt anyone was disappointed by the show. There was also one girl in a sailor moon-like cosplay outfit standing next to the mixer board, so I guess she was with the band. Unfortunately, my camera wasn't good enough to capture her well.

Hirokazu is listed in the credits of at least one movie (Kiwoku Dorobou, AKA "The Memory Stealers") in a very minor role, and seems to also work as a fashion photographer. So, maybe I was within arm's reach of a real celebrity. I don't know.

(On a side note, I finally ordered a new video camera - a Canon HF-100, with 12x zoom. Maybe after it arrives in a few weeks, I can start taking better quality movies.)

Hirokazu Kumagai: 熊谷 博一
Katou Harunobu: 加藤晴信

No comments: