Saturday, November 21, 2009

Creator's Fair at GAoh!



Back towards the end of October, I'd mentioned Design Festa as something I had no interest in seeing this year. I'd seen parts of it last year and was unimpressed. Essentially, Design Festa is a multi-location art exhibit that includes interpretive dance, cosplay and painting as part of a whole. I'm not big on modern art, which I consider silly and over-commercialized. But mostly just silly. It's just rehashing the same concepts first explored to greater effect back 40 to 60 years ago.



Anyway, game company Bandai-Namco decided to get involved, and allowed their in-house staff to go crazy. The results were then exhibited at GAoh!, the rental artspace in Shimo-Kitazawa that features the works of Umezz. The exhibit had two parts, with one set of paintings appearing at the beginning of November, and the other set at the end of the month. These photos are for set two.



There were more pictures in the exhibit, but these are the ones that turned out the best. The lighting in the room played havoc with my camera, so the colors may be a little off.














No comments: