Sunday, November 29, 2009

From the stack

Time to clear out more of my miscellaneous photos. I've got such a backlog of blog entry ideas that I have to start combining them again to catch up.

-------------------------



Back when I was visiting the Naiki Contemporary Manga Library and the Tezuka mural at Takadanobaba, I was walking along Waseda Dori on my way back to the Takadanobaba station when I found this pastry shop. Mostly, they just had bread and rolls in the display case, but the photo out front advertising "original creation cakes" caught my eye.



I think the Gundam artwork looks especially good.

--------------------------



It amazes me what you can find in Tokyo if you wander around enough. This is indeed a gallery displaying a variety of wooden and paper matches. Located just west of Takadanobaba station on Waseda Dori.





--------------------------



Another day, I went to Ochanomizu to visit the Yonezawa Subculture Manga Library, and walked past the Meiji University theater building with their ad for their performance of "Hamlet". I think it's interesting, what happens when a live stage play gets the manga treatment.

--------------------------



Yes, Japan, in its quest to make everything smaller, has gone that last remaining step!

--------------------------



Yodobashi Camera has spiffed up its spokescharacters for the new holiday season. Yo-chan, kawaii!

No comments: