Tuesday, January 19, 2010

History of Manga - the website

Ok, I'm not quite ready for prime time, but what the heck.

I recognize that my History of Manga blog posts are a little haphazard. It's hard to get a feel for how each of the pieces fits together to make the whole, such as the relationship between kamishibai and magazine manga. And, there's some information needed that I haven't blogged about yet. So, I decided to create a series of HTML pages to present that whole to you.

There are still places that I could beef up, so if you have suggestions for improvements, or corrections to errors, please let me know. Also, if you have links to images that you can grant permission to use, that would be appreciate, too.

Click here to visit the new History of Manga site.


================================

Because this is a short post, I'll include some wall mural photos as well.




There's a lot of blank wall in Tokyo, and someone has to put something on it somewhere. Be it a poster advertising a ramen shop, or graffiti. Here, we have the underside of the Sobu train line at the east end of Ryogoku station, in Tokyo, with its commissioned artwork.

No comments: