Monday, February 15, 2010

TAC - Tenhiro Naoto



I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like the exhibition periods at the Tokyo Anime Center are getting shorter. It wasn't that long ago that the Kamen Rider - Spirits exhibit started, and now we're already one week into the Tenhiro Naoto exhibit. The next exhibit will start up 1 week later. I apologize for the quality of the photos, I need a new camera.



I'd just gotten into the room and started taking pictures when I saw the "no cameras" sign. That's kind of unusual; the TAC normally has a "photos ok" policy. But, I'm trying to get on a better footing with the people there and I didn't want to push my luck, so I put my camera away. Anyway, the exhibit is unusual in two ways. First, the inside wall runs the full length of the exhibit, blocking it from the view of the people sitting at the information desk. As long as you have your flash turned off, they won't know you have a camera out. Second, it's just a bunch of prints, and scanned pencil drawings showing the different stages of the painting process.



The exhibit runs until Feb. 21. The explanation board says that this exhibit is essentially a series of pictures of one girl over the course of time. Looks like it is a tie-in to a video game series.

No comments: