Saturday, March 6, 2010

Signs

It's time for "more fun with English!"



Actually, no, "it's" what "it is". And "It's" a hair salon in Noborito. If a scalp massage just massages the scalp, I wonder what a head massage feels like. Anyway, it may be better to keep your eyes closed during this one.



Two signs in one! First, we have a bar. No, "April Fool!" No, we have "Bar April Fool". And then next we have some antiques and we have some junk. This is actually an excellent example of truth in advertising, because the shop actually does sell junk alongside the antiques. Not related to "Bar and Junk" in Akihabara.



And now, an ad for all-purpose bleach. Actually, I apologize here. No, wait, no I don't. I don't do apologies. I do long-winded explanations that people stop reading halfway through. This is an ad that ran in the Akihabara train station back in July for the 5th anniversary DVD set for the Bleach TV anime series. I just haven't been able to find any other way to include it in the blog until now.



Ok, I'll include this one as well, simply because I'll never get to it otherwise. This is a billboard ad for the Multiraid game, for PS3 and XBox, which came out Oct. 1. Seen in Akihabara just outside of the train station on Chuu-ou Dori.

No comments: