Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Scary Shirts

I read web comics. I admit it. It's not something I'm proud of, but I do it to help preserve a sacred tradition - getting stuff for free that other people want you to pay for. It's a dirty job, but I wouldn't give it up for anything. (Ok, maybe for a box of toffees.)

My current list is:

Giant in the Playground
Dr. NcNinja
ErfWorld
Scarygoround
Girl Genius

Of the group, I like Girl Genius best, in part because I knew Phil Foglio back when he was still doing the Buck Godot. And I really liked Buck Godot.

So there I am, sitting in the bar, reading Dr. McNinja, when I accidentally scrolled down the page to the part that I normally ignore - where the artists talk about themselves, or other stuff that I don't care about. And the artist is talking about a bunch of other artists that had gotten together for some charity event. And one of the other artists is the guy that does Scarygoround (which has ended and is now running Bad Machinery). So I start reading Bad Machinery for the first time and I accidentally click on the button for stuff for sale, like I try not to, and now I'm looking at t-shirts. Well, short story long, I asked for four shirts for my birthday.



Here I am in my Death Hugs a Bunny shirt.

I also got:





Bears are stressed too.



Remember, "desserts" spelled backwards is "stressed".

Nobody touches my toffees.

No comments: