Saturday, August 28, 2010

Seen around town, 4



It's really hard to get a good photo from inside the Akihabara station. The walls are all glossy white metal, and the overhead lighting is harsh fluorescent. It doesn't help when the manga ad on the wall starts out looking pale and washed out. This is an ad for Kadokawa magazine. The main text says "Kado Comi is Summer Comi" (or, our Kadokawa comics are good for the Summer).






Rinky Dink recording studio in Ogikubo, on the way to to the Suginami Animation Museum. I wonder if they know what "rinky dink" means...




Lingerie club Slow Life in Akihabara.




One of the most annoying parts of riding the trains in Tokyo is having to battle with people rushing onto the train to grab one of the open seats. Since I don't like sitting on the train, I really don't like people pushing past me to "beat me" to the seat. It doesn't help when said people have no clue about how they then present themselves to the rest of the car. There's a certain lack of "class" here. So I spend the rest of my ride trying to toss 1 yen coins onto them.

No comments: