Friday, November 26, 2010

Bar Knuckle

I love serendipity. It's one of my favorite flavors at Ben and Jerry's.



When I was looking for a Domino's shop to see if I could take a photo of the One Piece pizza box for the blog entry on their One Piece campaign, I took the train to Komae (Odakyu line near Noborito) and then walked over to Setagaya Douri, and then about halfway down to the next station of Kitami. The Domino's shop didn't have any advertising out front, except for a banner saying they were hiring part-timers. I went about 1 block farther on and noticed this one place with the shutters down, just before I got ready to cross the street to go back to the station. The hand-written sign out front read "nakkuru". Above that was a sign saying that there was a boxing gym there. After a bit of thinking, I decided to take a photo, and then look at the sign a bit more. Turns out that Nakkuru is a bar connected to the gym. I.e. Bar Knuckle.



A few nights later, I went back in the hopes of taking some pictures of the bar, to have something more interesting for this blog entry beyond just some shutters. However, the gym was on the first floor and I couldn't find anything anywhere that looked like a place that sold alcoholic drinks. Then I looked closer at one of the other signs that had been put out front. It's a sandwich bar. I love it. It was definitely worth coming out a second time to learn about the Bar Knuckle Sandwich.

No comments: