Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Mitsubishi Paper Craft Trucks



Bunny has been a great help in telling me about paper craft sites on the net that are sponsored by companies like Yamaha, but that have these wonderful projects for kids, like the kotsu cat. Naturally there are lower-level projects like Glico's animal zoo, the Ushio and Tora airplane and car, and the "Kill Me, Baby" characters.



Well, Bunny has come through again, this time by letting me know about the Mitsubishi-Fuso page. This one is primarily just reproductions of Mitsubishi-Fuso's line of trucks and buses, but they're still pretty detailed and challenging to assemble. Just go to the page of the desired vehicle, print out the pattern on stiff bond paper, cut away, and glue up the assemblies as needed. There's not much in the way of instructions, so you don't need to worry about knowing Japanese.



This dump truck took about 90-100 minutes to cut out and assemble. It's about 4" long and 2" tall. I didn't have bond paper on hand so I just used plain copier paper, which is a bit too light and easily warped by the moisture in the wood glue. I let it dry over night before affixing the dump bed to the back of the flatbed base.



I'm almost as proud of this truck as I am of the rabbit lantern shade.

No comments: