Friday, July 1, 2011

Updated archived anime and manga files

I first came to Japan from 1992 to 1995. In 1996 and '97 I came back on a short-term technical writing contract. During those times, I did a lot of reading, and watching of TV. This was back before the internet and I didn't have access to any of the online BBS systems. I would write up comments or reviews of anime and manga, and Hitoshi Doi would take my files home and upload them to one of the BBS systems for me. When I finally returned to the U.S., Peter offered to host the old files on the manga.org server, which I really appreciate. However, there was never a master index listing for them to make finding them on the server easier, and the contact e-mail addresses were all out of date. So I finally went back through all the old files and tried to fix the broken links. Took me the better part of 6 hours. Along with my backing up of my three years of blog posts and old emails, I'm realizing that I write too much. I hereby resolve to use less words.

At least now I know where my Lupin III, Kotaro Magaritoru and Dragon Half databases and character guides all went to.

You can find the new links to the old files at the bottom of the tsoj.manga.org index page.

------------------------------------

On a semi-related note, one of my all-time favorite manga has got to be Kotaro Magaritouru. For a long time, I thought that no one else really liked it. However, when I was trying to find the link to my Kotaro database on the manga.org server I stumbled across a fan site that has the bulk of the pages scanned and translated into English (some pages are in Chinese, though). This is a very good thing. I hope the series will gain more readers this way.

Kotaro
New Kotaro
Kotaro L

No comments: