Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Jetskiing the Kotsuki

It never crossed my mind that people would bring jetskis into the Kotsuki river. For one thing, it's too shallow in most places, and for another, I'd think the river would be policed for exactly this kind of thing. However, during my exploration of the last remaining tourist spots on my map, I saw these guys zipping up and down the stretch between Terukuni Street and route 20. I assume that they came up from where the river empties into the bay, although they could have driven to one of the parks and entered that way.







Where I'm standing right now is at the foot of the bridge near Statue of Hat and Poem of the Four Seasons. The signal light at the intersection here is really slow and I'd decided to go down the stone steps to the walkway along the river and then come back up to street level on the other side of the street. Unfortunately, I discovered that there's no stairs on the other side of the bridge, so I had to cross at the light after all.



However, there are homeless under the bridge. I assume that they weren't happy about the noise caused by the jetskis.

No comments: