Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Kagoshima flowers



There's a small white building right next to the bridge over the street for the Kagoshima train track, on the way from the apartment to the Taiyo supermarket on the other side of the Kotsuki river from me. I pass by it every couple of days when I walk over to buy orange juice (juice is $1 cheaper a pack than at the Shiroyama store that is actually several blocks closer to me. However, Shiroyama has milk that is close to 12 cents cheaper than at Taiyo.) The building has a little wooden sign alongside the door frame, but I've never tried translating it. It kind of looks like a club house, and once there was koto music coming out of an open window, suggesting that there was a music student receiving lessons that day.



On the fence in front of the building are these two plush cell phone strap figures, and there's a small garden alongside the sidewalk leading to the front door. So I took pictures with the intent of writing up a joke about how the plushies were some kind of strange flower that was part of the garden. Unfortunately, the camera refused to focus on the red flowers and the resulting shot came out blurry. The next night, I was going through the photos from the camera and noticed the problem and the fact that I didn't have any usable images of that flower. The next day, I went back, and discovered that ALL of the flowers had died and withered away in the space of just 2 days.



This is what I started with.



This is what came out fuzzy and what I wanted to reshoot.



This is what I found when I went back less than 48 hours later. Life is so fleeting...

No comments: