Monday, December 12, 2011

Moon Wheel

On Dec. 10th, 2011, there was a full lunar eclipse over Japan. (In the U.S., it was only partial, since the eclipse would be just starting as dawn was breaking. In Japan, it was supposed to start around 6 PM, when it was already dark, and peak at 11:30 PM. I say "supposed to" because it was raining in Kagoshima that night. The sky was perfect in Tokyo of course, so a bunch of other people got the photos that I wanted. Wouldn't have mattered much though, because my camera can't handle night shots well. I keep wishing I could afford a better camera, but that won't happen until I get full-time work.



Anyway, the next night, naturally, the sky was crystal clear and the full moon hung above the city at 7 :30. So I decided to go around to the west side of Amupla, and see if I could frame the shot against the ferris wheel on the roof of the building. Only 1 of the 20 photos came out at all usable.

No comments: