Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lantern Boxes, 2




I know this is out of order, but I got an excuse...

Ok, a bit of backstory. What usually happens is that when I go outside, either to walk to work or to visit some place, I'll bring the camera with me. Often, there won't be anything that catches my eye, but just as often there will be 4 or 5 things right after the other. When some event is going on, it's easy to get 10-30 photos and enough material to write about to take up several blog entries. So, when I sit down in front of the computer to start writing them all up, it's usually easiest to put all the links to the new photos into one textfile and do the image formatting that way (fixing the picture widths and adding the code to have links open in separate windows). Sometimes, I'll have 2 or 3 misc.txt files waiting to be uploaded, with each one containing a week's worth of different blog entries. What complicates things is when a couple of the entries are time sensitive, such as the volcano eruption or the Dayan exhibits. In that case, I may have to jump between files and post entries sort of "out of order". Generally, this is pretty transparent and I doubt anyone has any idea as to when I wrote the entry, compared to when I posted it. This time, though, I had one file worth of miscellaneous photos with no write-up, and I suddenly had a second file with the volcano eruption and several other entries I'd written at the that time. This caused this particular picture to run out of sequence, and I figured I'd leave it that way, instead of changing the blog entry names, and use this as an excuse to explain it all. Maybe.

No comments: