Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cerebus Volume 4


On Christmas Day, I got an email from someone that really wanted the instructions to one of the Gakken kits in English because he was going to be giving that kit to his daughter as a Christmas present. Since I couldn't locate anything online, I ended up spending 3 hours on the 25th putting together a rough set of instructions for him, to be used in conjunction with the Japanese pdf file from the Otona no Kagaku site. As thanks, he emailed me a gift certificate for Amazon, and I used that to get Volume 4 of the Cerebus the Aardvark phonebooks.



A week or so later, I got an email from Amazon asking me to write up a customer review. This is what I wrote:

"I've always loved the Cerebus comics, but I've never read past Church & State I. I finally broke down and bought Church & State II and I'm very glad I did. It's got parodies of Mick and Keith, the reappearances of Elrod and Swamp Thing, and lots of REALLY GOOD artwork. There is the occasional recreational drug use popular during the 80's, and some of the storyline is incredibly non-linear. It's not for everyone, but I had a lot of fun. Especially recommended if you want to learn more about the history of Tarim/Terim."

It's all true, too!
(The dealer that sold the book is Roseville Book Company. They responded really fast, the book was in good condition, and they wrote a nice note on the invoice thanking me for the order. Funny enough, Amazon.com didn't provide me with a feedback page right way so I couldn't rate the shop at 5 stars until about a week ago.)

2 comments:

Greg said...

I'm glad you really enjoyed C&S II. In my opinion, Jaka's Story is the best book in the entire run, so hopefully you won't stop now!

TSOTE said...

Thanks for the comment.
I do plan on getting the next books. The problem is shipping costs to Japan. I'm generally getting 1 or 2 books a year (Christmas and birthday), so it's kind of a slow process.