Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Small Adventure #31

I'm using up my backlog of blog entries kind of fast. I've been working on a few things that have been taking up a lot of time each, so I haven't been going outside as much as I'd had. Plus, the weather has been very uncooperative for months, now. The few times the sky has been really clear, I've had to work. Usually, it's overcast, making for poor conditions for outdoors photos. And then there was rainy season...

Generally, rainy season just means 24-hour drizzle for 2-3 weeks in June prior to the start of a long, muggy summer. This year, Kagoshima is getting actual, hard rain storms. There are breaks when the rain lets up, but those only last for a couple of hours. So again, there's not a lot of opportunity for good outdoors photos.

I've been told that there are reports in the U.S. recently of large typhoons pounding Japan. And the Japanese news has been circulating photos of some street flooding and downed tree branches. But that mainly seems to be in northern Kyushu and then up to Tokyo. In fact, we were supposed to bear the brunt of a typhoon yesterday. However, all we got was a little heavy rain in the morning, and semi-strong winds at night. Right now, this morning, there's a light rain and mild-strong winds. So, I guess that the typhoon swung past us again.

What this all boils down to is that I don't have a lot of new photos to write about at the moment, so I'll just put together a couple text files for the next few days until the situation changes.

For those of you that care, the longer-term projects have been things like the readings of Kory Merritt's poetry, which each takes several days of editing and tweaking to complete, and drawing stick art for Endtown while the artist, Aaron Neathery, was recovering from an illness.

No comments: