Monday, January 19, 2015

Motorized Maneki Neko Fail



A few nights ago, I was walking home from the conversation school when I noticed the big inflatable maneki neko sitting up on its perch over a bunch of shops that had closed for the night. (The maneki neko, if you've forgotten, is usually present in the form of a small statue near the doorway of most stores, with its paw raised to beckon customers inside to spend money. In English, it's called the "Beckoning Cat".) Having a big neko with a motorized arm was enough to catch my attention, and I wanted to see what pedestrians coming in from the other direction would think seeing it from the back. Well, after taking one look, I vowed to return with a tripod to make a video. I'm pretty sure this is what Americans would call a "product design fail".

If you want, you can go to the youtube page, and use the video as a screen saver for when you're away from your computer at work. In fact, I strongly suggest that you do so.

Direct youtube link

No comments: