Monday, February 9, 2015

Green Bird




A few days ago, I was teaching a lesson at the conversation school and after it finished, I decided to visit City Hall, which is next door. I looked around, but there wasn't anything worth photographing. Then, I returned to the street to head towards Tenmonkan. Just at that moment, a small green bird, a mejiro, flew to one of the flower planters along the sidewalk and started hunting for seeds. Most of the pedestrians just ignored it, but I wanted a photo. I knew that it was going to fly away when it saw the camera, so I tried to move quickly without being obvious about it. I was able to get one shot, then the bird moved away from the plant and the camera refused to focus on its new position. A couple seconds later, it grew nervous over the camera and flew off across the street and into the trees.



The little pocket camera is good for quick, spontaneous situations, but it has a lot of trouble with bird feathers. I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm going to have to begin carrying the big camera with me whenever I go out the door...

No comments: