Friday, August 28, 2015

24 Hour TV




Sunday was a busy day, which was unfortunate. I had translation clean-up work that I had to finish, meaning that I didn't get out the door until about 3 PM, and then I had to meet up with some people at 4:30, giving me only an hour and a half to go outside and then get back home. After seeing the anti-war demonstration at Central Park, and then going down to Dolphin Port, I made my way up to Daiei, near the main train station. I'd been told that there was going to be some doctor giving a speech in the auditorium on the 8th floor of the department store at 5 PM, and I wanted to see if I could get a look at the schedule before I went back home. I got to the 8th floor a little after 4 PM, and a group of people were just coming out of the room. According to the sign, they were there for a JDSF (Japan Dance Sport Federation) "sport dance". Not sure what that means. Anyway, there weren't any announcements regarding the 5 o'clock thing, but as I was going to the escalators to go downstairs, I looked out the window and saw a crowd in front of a stage in the open area at Amuplaza. Turns out it was part of a "24 hour TV event" to "put smiles on people's faces".



The group playing at that point was a high school brass band. The music was too slow for me, but they at least had a big audience. The next band up was another school group, so I went downstairs to get some free sample coffee from Kaldi and then returned home. So, yeah, there was a "blink and you miss it " moment here, but not one that I minded missing. The rest of the evening was spent at home finishing the last of my translation clean-up work (due Monday morning) and typing up the blog entries for the past week.

No comments: