Monday, August 24, 2015

Local Matsuri




I had a 90 minute break on Saturday between English lessons, and the approaching typhoon had blown all the clouds out, making for one of the clearest skies we've had all summer. I took the big camera with me and headed for the boulevard in front of City Hall  to see if I could get photos of the volcano. Along the way I discovered that a local neighborhood group was putting on a small matsuri (festival) in the same area.



This is when I found out that the big camera was acting up. I'd be able to take one or two photos, and then everything would go all out of focus. I'd turn the camera off, then on again, and it would be fine for a few seconds before going out of control again. In terms of the festival, I didn't miss anything because of the camera itself. There was nothing scheduled on stage right away, and no one walking around to buy food from the stalls. I had to go back to work at 4:30 and didn't get out again until after 7. I'd figured that I'd go home for dinner, and then return to the park on Sunday when I had more time. Unfortunately, on Sunday, the stage and booths were gone. I don't know if this had been just a one-day thing, or what. Anyway, I blinked, and it wasn't directly because of the camera.

No comments: