Monday, September 21, 2015

KTS Days, 2015




KTS, the local TV station, has their annual "KTS Days" in September. This year it was on the 19th and 20th. They returned to the International Volunteer Center, where they had the bulk of the activities. The space in front of Lotteria in Tenmonkan was kind of an overflow area with kids' stuff.



And the opportunity to have their photos taken on a police motorcycle.



I had an early English lesson on Saturday, and went past Lotteria at 11:20 AM. The place was still mostly deserted at that point. (It did get busier later in the day.) The booths in the back sold shaved ice and some Chinese style foods.



Not really sure what "Chronos" is in this context. It looks like these are props from an SF-style TV program, but nothing is coming up on a google search. Anyway, the props are roped off, so people can't play with them.



Except for the ramp ball maze game. That was popular with the kids.



The main entrance to the main event at the Volunteer Center.



I think the few mascots I saw here this time were advertising the food booths.





"Fried Manjuu Squares". The "buns" are Chinese style steam buns, but treated more like hamburger buns with a square of fried something in the middle. The signs don't say what the something is. It was very soft, and could have been sliced pork. I got one for 300 yen. It was pretty good.



Big crowd for the stage show. I'd gotten here during my break and I only had 15 minutes before I had to run to the grocery store to get milk for the week, drop that off at the apartment and then return to work (the store closest to my apartment has a 20 yen discount on 1 liter cartons of milk on Saturdays, and since I get 5 or 6 cartons a week, it's almost "buy 5 get one free".) Anyway, my point is that I didn't have time to watch much of the stage shows on Saturday.



However, all they had at the time was pop idol wannabe groups dancing around. Not sure which group this one is.



In the Volunteer Center, KTS had their mobile TV studio set up again to let kids pretend to be weather forecasters and news readers.



There was also a small science demonstration. I'd seen these two teachers before at the event in Central Park last Spring.



This is actually a kind of "whack-a-mole" video game. The guy is pre-recorded on DVD, and his reactions depend on how well the kids hit big plastic buttons with foam mallets.



The required KTS "stupid bird" logo jump room.



These characters are from Kameusagi Rope. The lantern in back of the set says "Rope Jinga" (Rope Shrine).



There were a few games of skill, and long lines waiting for them.



"Everybody's News, Kagoshima."



On Sunday, I had a lot of chores I had to finish before I could get out of the apartment. I didn't reach the Volunteer Center until 4:30 PM, and the event was set to end at 5:30. The only thing left on the stage at that point was the Yokai Watch Live Show. I tried recording about 15 minutes of it, but I'm having a really hard time figuring out where horizontal is with the new pocket camera. I've always had this problem, and I'd fix it in photos using the rotation tool in Gimp. But this time most of the videos looked like everyone was standing on a really steep hill. So I archived the files I chose not to use, and just uploaded the one below one with the closing theme dance.

Youtube is complaining that the Yokai Watch video "matches third party content". The video plays fine for me, so I don't know if they're blocking it in some countries, or turning off the sound in the middle for some viewers. Please comment below to let me know if anything's going on with the video.

Direct link to the Yokai Watch video

No comments: