Thursday, November 12, 2015

Bon DX and Little Cherries




At the end of the Thailand trip blog report, I wrote that I'd had to skip a number of events on Sunday. Well, it turns out that the National Cultural Event, which included the Karuta tournament, also has live stage shows going on during the week up at Amu Plaza, in front of the main train station. I hadn't known about that. But, I had to teach an English class at the school Wednesday afternoon, and when I finished I decided to walk up to the train station to get free sample coffee from the Kaldi import store before going home for dinner. When I got there, I could hear music from a block away, so I hurried over to see what was going on. I discovered that my favorite Japanese ska master, Bon DX, was in the middle of his set. I'm happy to say that I was able to record the last two songs, even though they are ones I've gotten before. They're still fun to watch. I'm a little curious as to how often he rotates his backup members, since they seem to be different every time I see him.

Direct youtube link





Thursday evening they had the award-winning school jazz band, Little Cherries.

Direct youtube link, Part 1


Direct youtube link, Part 2 (Lupin III theme)

No comments: