Monday, January 18, 2016

Big 3 Burger




Finally, I've managed to track down the mythical "Big Burger".



Well, maybe one of the smaller versions...
Months ago, I was in Family Mart and I noticed this really big package in the microwave sandwiches section, but I wasn't hungry and I put off buying it (about 500 yen, $4 USD) until the next day. But, when I came back, it was gone and none of the other konbini in the area had it either. After that, I'd kept something of an eye out for it. Once, a little after midnight I saw it again, but I didn't have the camera with me, and again it was sold when I came back. The weird thing is that the konbini only have one of these things on the shelves when they have them at all. The one I saw was "Big 5", with a hamburger, piece of chicken, piece of ham, a section of hotdog sliced like an octopus, and one other thing.



Then, one evening I found "Big 3", with a small hamburger with ketchup-mustard sauce, a piece of chicken with katsu sauce, and a "fried shrimp thing" with tartar sauce. I got a regular cup of Family Mart coffee, and the total came to a little over 500 yen ($5 USD). It's about as bad as it looks. The hamburger is printed with grill marks, the sauces don't have much flavor, and I couldn't tell if the chicken was real chicken or not. Now, with that out of the way, I don't have to bother looking for "Big Burger" anymore.

No comments: