Saturday, January 9, 2016

Blue Bird




Ok, this happened fast. Friday, I'd gone to Yamada Denki electronics store, half a mile away from the apartment, in the late afternoon. At about 5 PM I was walking back home along the river when I saw this streak of blue down at river level at the walk way. I immediately got out the little camera, but I only had time for 2 shots before he was gone again.



On the first shot, I wasn't fully zoomed in all the way, and the camera was having trouble focusing on him. I got the photo kind of by accident. As I was checking the zoom level on the camera to see how much farther in I could go, the bird zapped 6 feet to the right, hit the surface of the river and came back to the walkway with a small fish in its beak, which it swallowed all in the same action. That took maybe a quarter-second.



I took the second photo, but I was too far away to get a clean picture. And then he was gone again. No idea if I'll ever get another chance with him...

No comments: