Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Kagoshima Marathon




Kagoshima is gearing for its first full marathon, to be held on March 6. I've been seeing a lot more joggers and runners out practicing lately. The poster is pretty crowded, with almost every symbol for the city all crammed into one place (dolphins, the volcano, the ferry, Saigo Takamori, etc.) The main reason for taking this photo is that this artwork is also being used to promote special, limited edition bottles of shochu at the liquor store at the main train station. I'm debating whether to get a bottle just as a collector's item...



The route map shows the race to be around Tenmonkan, then up the coast halfway to Aira, doubling back and then going around Tenmonkan a few more times to bring the total distance to 25 miles. The poster indicates that there should be 12,000 runners entered. I haven't tried training for this, so I'm not even going to bother entering. I am going to see if I can get some free time to swing by and take photos.

No comments: