Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Obon Odori, Aug. 8




Honganji Temple, in Tenmonkan, had their summer evening dance event on the 8th (8/8). They had a few food and drink booths, but the main thing was being able to dance in the parking lot while one group sang, and played koto and drums. I don't dance, and I was about to go home from the school to get dinner, so I didn't buy anything from the tables. I just hung around long enough to record one dance. Still, I liked being able to see what I did.



The gate opened at 7 PM, and the dancing started at 8 PM. I think the schedule was to run until 10 PM. Pictured above, a food table run by a boy scout troop.



The singers and musicians.



The drummers, at the top of the tower in the middle of the circle of dancers.

Direct youtube link

No comments: