Thursday, September 29, 2016

Zootopia UFO Catcher




This is another one of those situations where I look at the machine and think "I can get that."



This one would be a little trickier, though. The blue plastic plate holding the doll is sitting on the rubber ball just firmly enough that trying to pick one end up with the crane hands would just make the plate rotate a bit without actually falling off its perch.



The best approach would probably be to have the arm come down at an angle, and have the left hand land just barely to the left of the plate, dead center of the ball. The weight of the crane and arm might drag the plate a bit farther to the right on the ball, and if I was lucky, the hand could hook under the plate and drag it more that way.

The problem is, I have no place to keep something this big. So, yeah, I MIGHT be able to get this one in a couple of tries, but I'm not going to bother trying. I'll wait until I see something more worth keeping...

No comments: