Friday, December 30, 2016

Google Doodles, 2016


I've been collecting the Google doodles that I like for the last few years. Previously, there had been so many (science-related, Japan-related, animated or game-based) that I'd divided them up into 6-month groupings. This year, though, back in June, I'd forgotten to post the batch for the first half of the year, and had even neglected to look for new ones until well into July. After I'd caught back up, I realized that there hadn't been all that many doodles that I wanted to highlight, so I decided I'd just wait and run them all at once at the end of 2016.

So here we are, at the end of 2016 (as far as I'm concerned). These are the Google doodles that caught my attention this time.

Wilbur Scoville's 151st Birthday (Game)


90th Anniversary of the first demonstration of Television


Hidetsugu Yagi's 130th Birthday (Inventor of the TV aerial antenna)


Dmitri Mendeleev's 182nd Birthday


Tamaki Miura's 132nd Birthday (First internationally heralded Japanese soprano)


Leap Year 2016


Caroline Herschel's 266th Birthday


Claude Shannon's 100th birthday


Yuri Kochiyama's 95th Birthday


Lotte Reiniger's 117th birthday (animated)


Karl Landsteiner's 148th birthday


Juno Reaches Jupiter


37th Anniversary of The Neverending Story's First Publishing


Takizo Iwasaki’s 121st birthday (Inventor of plastic display food)


Antoni van Leeuwenhoek’s 384th Birthday


Walter Cronkite's 100th Birthday


340th Anniversary of the Determination of the Speed of Light


105th Anniversary of First Expedition to Reach the South Pole


Franz Sacher's 200th Birthday

No comments: