Monday, September 2, 2019

One Piece Chocolate Egg Figures, Part 2




After writing up the first batch of One Piece chocolate egg figures I'd collected, I didn't have a lot of interest in getting any more, at least for a while. But, I brought them in to the English school to show them off to the students, and in talking about them I figured I'd at least check them out the next time I had to go shopping at Donkey. Which turned out to be later that afternoon.



And I was stunned to find them marked down further from 147 yen to 100 yen ($0.85 USD) each. I bought up all they had, which gave me another 6 new figures and 7 copies. They were in an area of the shelving that apparently is for discontinued and damaged products. I went back again a few days later and they still hadn't been restocked, so I'm confused. I don't understand why these eggs hadn't originally been displayed in a much more prominent way. I only learned about them when I saw a couple eggs in someone else's basket at the checkout, long after I found the Mario and Doreamon eggs, so it's not like they'd been set out in the open and I just wasn't paying attention. They'd been hidden somewhere right from the start, as if Donkey didn't want customers to know they were in the store.



Anyway, they're very nicely detailed for the price. A couple of them do suffer from paint flecks coming off, but that's easy to overlook if you're not paying attention to that.











I like the ones where the figures don't simply stay on the base.





Oddly enough, two of the capsules had two bases and two brown plastic stems that aren't for the figures in the capsule - Sanji's and Brook's. I have no idea what the stands are for, or if it's intentional or a packaging control problem. Since there is a secret figure, maybe it's the ship and the stands are for that. I may never find out for sure.





The figures also include one quarter of one of four flags. This is the only flag where I have all four pieces.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

No comments: