Monday, June 15, 2020

George Akiyama Tribute Page


George Akiyama, creator of the long-running Haguregumo manga died from unspecified causes on May 12. Big Comic Original ran a tribute page to him in last week's issue. You can get more of an idea of some his controversial manga topics from the wiki page.

I really wanted to upload a scan of the tribute page, except that the Japanese government has recently announced a much more severe crackdown on unauthorized uploads of manga, anime and video games, and there are no guidelines on what constitutes "acceptable fan use of images." I'm also stopping my manga reviews, for the same reason. If the manga reviews are one of the reasons you've been reading my blog in the past, I apologize. This is Japan's "new reality" for inconsistently "protecting creator rights."

No comments: