Saturday, March 19, 2022

Update

Man, what a nightmare. I have Windows 10 on my laptop, and a couple days ago Norton came up and said that it couldn't finish a virus definitions update, and that I'd have to restart the computer. I do this, and lose about 30 minutes of productivity because of the shutdown-start-up times involved. A little later, I get the same message and I have to restart again. But this time, when Windows restarts, I discover that my Firefox browser settings have been reset to the defaults, that I've been logged out of every page I've been using online, and that my Google account thinks that I'm running a brand new copy of Windows.

I've spent the last two days trying to correct each screw-up as I encounter it, and the latest one was on Blogger, where the Google account settings made it look like I don't have a blog. I didn't have to time fix this situation this morning before going to work, so it's had to wait until now. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm also kind of running out of things to post on this blog again, so the next "stuff in Japan" entry will have to wait until tomorrow my time.

No comments: