Friday, November 16, 2018

Amu Plaza Crafts Fair




Art in a van. Art in a hurry. Art delivered to your door. "Hi, I'm Art. You called?"
On Sunday, Amu Plaza had an arts and crafts show specifically as a way to selling paintings and jewelry in mass to customers.



There was a little table near the event space entrance selling prints and originals for each of the artists. I've seen this kind of event before, and there's never anything that I like. Which seems to be the definition of "modern" art now, in Japan.



"To the future."
Most of the artists here seem to follow the approach of "it's art if that's what I say it is," which translates to "here have a banana peel. You can say it's the remains of my lunch, but I say it's 'insert social commentary here'."




Now available as prints, photo copies and postcards.



Over at the "body jewelry" booth, which is just another name for face and body painting, we've got a young girl getting face paint.



And her slightly older brother. I'm not sure, but maybe their parents have the same caps, as a matched family set.





The Amu Plaza Arts Fest capped off an otherwise event-filled weekend. Lots of stuff going on right now, as we head into the 3 weeks of live music (I'm hoping) that marks Amu Plaza's Christmas Shopping month (Dec. 6-25).

No comments: