Monday, April 1, 2019

Nigiwai Street Open Restaurant, Mar. 30




Ok, what to say about this...
A few weeks ago, I started seeing signs advertising something about a "Nigiwai Street" event. There weren't any images on the posters, and the text just seemed to be promoting some shops. I didn't pay much attention to it. Then, on Saturday, at 1 PM, as I was walking to the English school at the other end of Tenmonkan, I happened by a group of people preparing table settings along one of the walkways in the arcade. The sign gate says "Nigiwai Street Open Restaurant," and it lists a number of participating food places, such as Danken Coffee shop, a parfait cafe, and some restaurants, but there's nothing mentioning dates or times, or what the foods are supposed to be. (Danken is right next to the front end of the line of tables.) And, there's nothing about needing reservations, tickets, or prices.



I kept walking to the school for a 1:30 PM class start time. My first break occurred at 4 PM, so I came back to see what the foods were, and if I could just get a coffee and dessert. But, the customers were long gone, all the tables had been removed, and a work crew was in the middle of dismantling the sign gates. That was quick. Things couldn't have lasted more than 2 hours, if even that long.

Kagoshima. Blink and you miss it.

No comments: