Monday, May 20, 2019

Dydo DBZ Vegeta




I've had poor luck with vending machine can coffee toys lately. There was one set of Dragonball toys that were packaged with can coffee cans at the beginning of the year, but they were dispensed randomly, and I never managed to get one of the cans that had the capsule cap with the toy, after spending something like $20 on coffees over a one-month period. Then, in February, there was a "Cup no Fuchiko" series in Coca Cola vending machines, with Georgia coffees. Again, after spending over $20 over the course of a month on can coffees, I still failed to get lucky with one of the random cans with the figure with it. I'm only buying the coffees when I'm really tired and need to wake up while walking along the streets to or from classes, but I don't normally spend money on can coffee now if there isn't a toy, even if I am tired.



But, in late March, 7-11 started carrying Dydo coffees packaged with the Dragon Ball Z figures (I think this is a tie-in to the latest DBZ movie). Since I could see the figure with the can, I was guaranteed to get the one I wanted on the first try. These are more in the "office supplies figures" series, where each toy is designed to hold paper clips, or prop up smartphones. Vegeta here is used for holding a pencil or pen.



Vegeta is about 2 inches tall. The coffee is 130 yen before tax (about $1.20 USD). The coffee itself is ignorable, but the figures look good for the price (I didn't like any of the others, and only wanted to get Vegeta).



It's a little hard to tell, with the way the color came out on the camera, but that thing wrapped around his waist is a monkey tail. It's a blast.

No comments: