Thursday, May 9, 2019

Pineapple Ribobitan Crew




We were getting into silly season, where politicians descend on Tenmonkan and pretend to be interested in what people think for a few weeks. So, one night as I was walking back home through the shopping complex from the English school, I cringed when I saw this group milling around at the intersection ahead of me. I thought it was a politician trying to get air time on some TV station, with a hired news crew.



As I got closer, I noticed a bunch of women with baskets trying to approach passersby. I attempted to avoid the closest one to me, but she strode over and handed me a small bottle. I took it and thanked her, then stepped to the side to take pictures.



Turned out it was an advertising stunt to promote Ribobitan's (a vitamin drink) latest flavor release - pineapple. A lot of work to go through for something that doesn't really taste like pineapple (unless, pineapple tastes like melted hard candies.)

No comments: