Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Exercise Festa, Feb. 15-16




Amu Plaza hosted an exercise and sports event over the weekend. I needed to buy some birthday presents on Saturday, and I made a quick swing-by between lessons in the middle of the afternoon. The place was still just getting set up, and some kid's dance group was practicing on the stage at the back.



The schedule showed a few interviews with athletes, and a manzai comedy duo, but nothing starting until closer to 5 PM Saturday evening. None of the goods shops or food booths were open to customers when I was there. Overall, kind of a non-starter.



I did end up coming back on Sunday as everything was winding down at 4:30 PM. The main activities were posing with a few marathon runners for photos, and a kind of strongman demo, where one of the runners would hold his arms up in a victory pose and let small children hang from his biceps.

If I liked Japanese sports, or if I needed running gear, this event would probably have been more interesting.

No comments: