Thursday, February 27, 2020

Tege Tege Highschool, Feb. 23




I wrote up this long description of what I did on Sunday, and how I discovered the MBC Broadcasting company's Tege Tege Highschool live event at Amu Plaza, and then I accidentally overwrote the file. Now I have to write this all over again, and I don't really feel like it.



Anyway, I went to Amu on Saturday after the Ramen Oh event at Dolphin Port got canceled, and arrived at Amu a little after 5:30 PM. Everything was already buttoned up, so it was looking like Tege Tege had been canceled as well. The sign above gives instructions for combating the coronavirus. "Be safe to enjoy! No health, no fun!"



However, when I returned on Sunday at 2 PM, it was back in more-or-less full swing, with a lot of people wearing face masks. The promenade area had activities for kids, and examples of club demonstrations. The main plaza area had the live stage and a general "no cameras" rule. Most of the stage stuff consisted of MBC personalities joking with the audience, some dance studio performances, a couple manzai comedy duos, and a little professional live music,



One of the boating clubs ran a sculling and kayaking simulator demo.



An arts group let people make their own bubble aquariums with fake fish.



A technical high school put together a Minions-based electrical maze game.





One of the MBC personalities. He was the one at the food city market in the Dolphin Port parking lot a couple weeks ago.



High school science team putting on a smoke ring box demo.
After a little while, I went into Amu and sat in Seattle's Best Coffee for an hour reading C.M.B. and Q.E.D. manga. Then I went home and played on the computer for the rest of the day. Overall, not an exciting weekend.

No comments: