Saturday, December 19, 2020

Nonki at the Tenmonkan Christmas Market, Dec. 19




I had to work on Saturday, and for various reasons I wasn't able to get out of the apartment until 2:30 PM (the first lesson started at 3 PM). I had to walk through Tenmonkan, and I arrived at the Tenmonkan Christmas Market stage in front of 7-11 (near Starbucks) just as Nonki was finishing his Ventures surf music medly. I only had 1 minute, and I hadn't known he was going to be playing that day. I grabbed a few quick shots, hoping some of them would turn out, and kept walking. I was close enough to the stage that he did recognize that I was there anyway, and he did a couple of vamp poses for me, that the camera wasn't quick enough to catch. Sigh. I'm not too dissatisfied with what I did get, though.









I didn't get out of the school until 7 PM, and everything was already over for the night. One sign did say that the market would run Sunday as well, but there was no stage schedule. I'll have to wait until tomorrow and head back to Tenmonkan around noon or 1 PM and see what's going on. Amu Plaza also has live music on Sunday, and Bon DX is supposed to play around 6 PM. It's a small, kind of enclosed area, and the department store is promoting social distancing, so I don't know what to expect. I may not be able to get close enough to the stage for photos. We'll see.

No comments: