Sunday, March 7, 2021

Shampoo Demon Sword




There's a women's hair stylist near my apartment, named Shampoo. I walk by the place often enough that the owner recognizes me, even if we've never really talked before. One evening, I was coming home from the English school at about the time he was cleaning up the shop and preparing to close for the night. As I got close to the place, I noticed the Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Sword) paper dolls in the window (usually, the security gate is down when I go by, so I rarely get to see the window). I was about to take out my camera for a photo when the owner stepped out the front door, making it kind of awkward for me to take the shots without at least starting up a conversation.



So, we talked about the paper dolls, and he said that his "mago" likes making so many of them that there's no space for keeping them at home, and he's been using the salon as overflow storage. Now, "mago" translates as "grandchild," but there's no indicator as to whether the speaker is talking about a "granddaughter" or "grandson." Either way, the dolls look much better in real life than in the photos, because of the reflections from the glass. Kid's got talent.

No comments: