Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Ibusuki Mirai Ouen Fair




Last weekend, the space in front of Lotteria, in Tenmonkan, hosted some kind of promo event for the city of Ibusuki, down at the south end of Kyushu island. The trains between Ibusuki and Kagoshima don't run very often, and the last one back to Kagoshima leaves at about 2 PM (if I remember right). I only went down there once, a few years ago, to climb Kaimon mountain for New Year's day. I had to take the 5 AM train, and I got to the mountain at 7 AM, just as the sun was coming up. Anyway, the event this time translates to "Rooting for Ibusuki's Future, Fair". However, the banners were for an onsen (hot spa) there.



I got to the event space at 3:30 PM on Saturday, and it was dead. No idea what they had on the tables, but it doesn't look like much. I didn't go back on Sunday.



Not looking like much of a future, at this point...

No comments: