Monday, May 3, 2021

Event 1, 210503




Japan has it's big Golden Week holiday period from April 29th to May 5th this year (Thur.-Wed.) On Sunday, I walked by Central Park, and noticed workers putting up food stalls (yatai). Couldn't see any signs indicating what the event was for.



A small stage, so either live music, announcements, or dancing.



I've been doing a lot of walking around the city the last couple of weeks, partly to take time lapse video for my fastwalk series on youtube, and partly for shooting introductions for my Black Chamber recreational cryptography video series. On Monday, I headed back to Ishibashi koen (Stone Bridge Park) to shoot more video, and ended up passing by Central Park again. The sign says something about working towards a bright future, but I can't read much more of the kanji. The image is of Sakurajima erupting, which may or may not be relevant.



So, yeah, something is definitely going on, but it seems to be food stalls only right now.



Not all that many people stopping by to eat, though.



Nothing on stage, and almost no one in the cordoned-off picnic area. Temperature measurements at the gate, facial recognition and I think writing down your phone number for tracking purposes to get in the restricted area. A lot more people in the rest of the park also picnicking, but BYOFood.

No comments: