Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Lotteria Venison Burger




Lotteria has partnered with Gibier venison to sell venison burgers. Look at this poster carefully.



Now, how closely does the real burger compare? In the U.S., fair advertising practices would probably have something say about this...



1300 yen ($12.75 USD) for the set. The burger, a "large" coffee, and medium fries. The burger had almost no flavor, and the "meat sauce" reminded me of a demi-glace. It included a couple small pickles, a slice of tomato, a little lettuce, mayonnaise, and a few small pieces of onion. The patty had a bit more texture and "chew" than a regular beef patty, but was otherwise really boring. Definitely not worth the money. I grew up on venison as a kid, and I know what wild venison tastes like. This burger was not even close.



To be fair, I got my fries and coffee first, and they brought out the burger about 10 minutes later. During that time, I was snacking on the fries. So, the photo is a bit misleading on how many fries came with the meal. But even then, the fries weren't that great. I can get more food and better fries at McDonald's for 500-640 yen.

No comments: