Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Small Adventure - Oreos

For a long time, Oreo cookies sold for 200 yen for a 2-sleeve pack. I'm not a really big fan of Oreos, and I'm perfectly willing to go to the 100 yen store and buy the cheap Cream-Os knock-offs there for 110 yen (including tax) ($1 USD). But, lately I've been seeing Oreos at stores like Don Quixote for prices closer to 130 yen, and I was wondering why. Yesterday, I was bored and had to do some shopping at Donkey and bought a pack of Oreos. As I was snacking on them on the way to work, also sipping on a can of black can coffee, I suddenly realized that the cookie parts were incredibly brittle and breaking up before they could soak in the coffee. Paying more attention, I found that the cookie halves are half the width of what I remember them being. In other words, Nabisco has been skimping on their products without mentioning it on their packaging. And these aren't even the Oreo Thins, which Donkey also sells. I'm going back to the Cream-Os, which are better cookies anyway, in my opinion...

No comments: