Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Wonda Lupin III Campaign



(Artwork from the Wonda campaign site)

New can coffee campaign, this time tying Wonda with Lupin III. Watery, flavorless coffee, but great Monkey Punch artwork.

I don't go to Lawson Konbini very often, so I was surprised to see that they had a line of Lupin III artwork cans for Wonda can coffee. These cans aren't found anywhere else, and they're 114 yen plus tax (8% on Sept. 30, 10% as of Oct. 1) ($1 USD for a 6 oz can). The coffee isn't worth the money, and I can't quite bring myself to buy one of each can number to get the full set (something like 8-10 cans total, I guess. The konbini I went to didn't have all of them.) The details on the can indicate that this campaign started in August, and is running to November.



There's a little sticker on the side of the can, and inside that is the URL for the Wonda website, and a participation number. At the site, you have to create an account before you can plug in the number to see how many points you get. My number is only worth 1 point. You can redeem the points - 1 for a Line account premium or something (10,000 participants only), or 25 for lithographed Monkey Punch artwork (25 winners only). This looks to be a lottery system, so even if you get enough points, there's little chance of getting anything for the money. I don't use Line (a Japanese chat system), and I don't want to buy 25 cans of this stuff just to enter the drawing for the print.



I've got my one can. I'm good.

No comments: