Thursday, April 29, 2021

Samurai Mac




McDonald's is running a "Samurai Mac" special right now. The logo is a silhouette of Ryouma Sakamoto. This is one of two versions of a Big Mac, with soy sauce flavoring (I couldn't tell; it just tasted like teriyaki sauce to me), and a "ginger Coke". I couldn't really taste any ginger in the soda. I decided to get a medium fries and a Coke float (normal set price is 780 yen; with the upgrades it came to 880 yen). The float had fake ice cream, which didn't react with the cola at all, and was sitting on a large scoop of ice, so that when I'd finished off the Coke, the ice cream was all mixed in with the ice and I couldn't eat it with a spoon. I ended up standing outside in the parking lot, scooping out the ice cubes one at a time, sucking off the ice cream, and spitting the ice into a gutter. Japanese floats are stupid.

The teriyaki sauce was too sweet, and the float wasn't sweet enough. Lots of food for the price, so I didn't leave hungry, but I wanted something better for the $8 USD. Not recommended, and I won't get Samurai Macs in the future [Note to self].

No comments: