Sunday, October 21, 2018

Aki no Fureai, 2018




Ok, time to clear off the camera. Back a little over a week ago, Amu Plaza had their Fall Hometown Days. This is basically an advertising campaign to get people to book bullet train tickets to their home towns during the Fall, so you've got travel agencies and Japan Rail working together. The problem for me was that I had to work most of Saturday (I did have about a 1 hour break between lessons in the middle of the afternoon, but that wasn't enough time to get from City Hall to Amu Plaza, and then back again). And I had other commitments on Sunday. I didn't actually manage to get to Amu Plaza until after 5 PM Sunday, when everything was already shutting down



Dress like a JR employee, and stand in front of a picture of a bullet train to get your photo taken.



One of the tourist agency women demonstrated the ball and hammer toy.



They did have a live stage, but most of the scheduling was just promotional events for different cities, and a bit of music by bands I don't care for. Not a lot of reason for me to have gotten here earlier on Sunday, anyway.



The only thing still going on at this point was the scale model train setup featuring a scale model of Amu Plaza and the main train station.



Spooky - boys and girls! Oooooohhhh! Don't turn around!

No comments: