Friday, October 26, 2018

KKB Dream Plaza, Oct. 21




I'd been wondering if Amu Plaza was going to have something this last weekend, so I checked their online events page. There was a mention of the KKB TV studio advertising for their shows, but the live stage listings looked pretty boring. Since I had to work from 2 PM to 8 PM on Saturday, I knew I'd have to give it a miss on that day. And, I'd seen the tables going up in Central Park for Asian Kagoshima for Sunday. So, actually, I'd kind of pushed the KKB thing out of my mind on Sunday when I was deciding what to do after the Asian fest started winding down. I got up to Amu Plaza at 5 PM, and one half of the stuff there had already wrapped up. The schedule showed some of the AKB-48 girls singing and dancing on Saturday, and I expect that was a "no cameras" thing. There were 3 manzai comedy sketches scheduled as well, which I didn't mind missing. Everything else was just KKB personalities talking to the audience.



However, the tents in the plaza nearby were still open. Most of the stuff here was along the lines of letting children pretend to be newscasters and voiceover artists.



Children could pose with one of the TV anime show cutouts.



Other attractions included a KKB mascot-themed jumproom, and a car dealership. Which, depending on your point of view, are the same thing.

Overall, a very active weekend.

No comments: