Sunday, October 14, 2018

Soba no Hi, and Wine Fest 2018




Last week, I think around Wednesday, the open space in front of Lotteria had their "100 yen Soba Day." Actually, the bowls of soba were between 300 and 500 yen for the fancier stuff, and the toppings were extra. But, it's the thought that counts. I didn't know this was going on until I went in to the English class to teach lessons, and when I got out, the event had finished and they were already tearing down the tables.



Eat your noodles. Kids in America are starving. (for attention.)

Wine Fest


Then, on Sat. and Sun., the same space had their occasional wine fest. 500 yen ($5 USD) for one glass of wine. In the past, they've also had live classical music to set the mood, but this time they just used a CD player. I had to work on Saturday, and when I got out at 8 PM, they'd again already shut down for the night. I didn't have the chance to get back here on Sunday.

No comments: